BENCHMARK, is seeking an Assistant Project manager to add to its ranks. The firm’s growth has created an opportunity for the addition of an experienced individual looking for new opportunities in a positive environment where their input will be expected and valued. Quality work, efficient service and adept use of technology are hallmarks of the firm’s approach to client satisfaction. Continuing education in the construction field is supported. The firm continually pursues and adopts techniques and technologies to improve its ability to service its clients.
The position is primarily responsible for assisting the project team and administration of construction projects for one or more projects.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Prepare and review project submittals
• Prepare and negotiate change orders and manage submission process
• Aid the project manager with the project buyout and issuing contracts.
• Aid the estimator to seek bids and scope subcontractors’ proposals.
• Review and analyze subcontractor and vendor bids
• Work with the Superintendent to manage subcontractors and monitor their progress
• Work with company information management process utilizing Timberline software, and Microsoft project among others. Familiarity with AutoCAD is a plus.
• Inspect site to monitor progress and ensure conformance to engineering plans, specifications, and safety standards.
• Responsible for compliance and enforcement of safety protocols on jobsite.
• Previous construction experience in the field or through an internship
• Self-motivated and with the capacity to work effectively in a team environment.
• Computer skills required, Timberline/Sage and Microsoft Office 2019 a plus.
• Capable of co-leading preconstruction and design build efforts including scope reviews, price negotiations, value engineering suggestions, etc.
• Understand building codes, permitting, and other regulatory requirements.
• Four-year college